Monday, September 2, 2024

Yet More Hinchliffe Indian Soldiers

        I'm sort of getting into painting these minis, the ultra-simple uniform combined with the straightforward sculpting makes painting them a breeze. I rounded up every last spearman that I owned and got them all painted in one afternoon. That is breakneck pacing for me. Is helped by the fact that the uniform is a white cloth wrapped around the soldier and covers him waist to ankles. I don't think there are eight colors on these minis.....

I'm willing to bet that the shields were not left blank
 
most likely they had dynastic or religious symbols

but I can't find any good data (especially anything on colors) for the period

if anybody knows a source for the information 
please reply in the comments with the link

No comments:

Post a Comment