Thursday, September 5, 2024

The Polish Air Force, so far

        I have been plugging away at my Polish Air Force between bouts of painting Ancient Indians. The balance between model airplanes and painting minis helps keep things fresh and keeps the creaking wheel of enthusiasm turning. Having just completed three PZL 11c (Poland's main fighter aircraft in 1939) I thought that I might just get out the entire crowd and take a "family photo".

front row; the PZL-23 from Ruch and another from Heller 
second row; PZW72 kit of a PZL P-7, a Mistercraft kit of a PZL P-11c
another Ruch PZL-23 and a Heller PZL-11c
third row; Revell PZL P-11c, another by Mistercraft, and lastly another Revell P-11c

I will have to address some early war German aircraft, 
as of now I have one JU-87 built and painted for 1939

I have two PZL 37 still awaiting assembly and a few civilian aircraft waiting in the wings

this is pretty much the fighting core of the Polish air force 


       Now all that remains is creating the stat cards and putting together flight books so I can game the skies of September 1939.



2 comments:

  1. Well those and the ME-109's ... plus stukas, and some heavier bombers so the Poles get some targets too. Of course you could just play the Post September 14th Russian invasion (after they stabbed the Poles in the back) and let the Poles fight the Russians.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a half-dozen of ME-109's and a couple of Stukas, then there are the DO-17, JU-88 and HE-111 plus a few earlier odd-balls, a few of these would be for the Spanish Civil War however

    ReplyDelete