Wednesday, September 29, 2021

1/72 Curtiss Hawk II in Nationalist Chinese colors

 

the old Revell kit from the 1960's but it goes together like a dream
 the overall olive drab is a striking, if sober, color scheme

       Taking a break for a second from the Russo-Japanese conflict at Khilkhin Gol I decided to build a model that I knew would be a breeze to build (having built one already). The molds to the Revell kit has been through a few hands over the years but they still make a lovely model that has near-perfect fit. I pirated the decals from the Encore Polikarpov I-15 that I had just finished and gained a quick addition to my Chinese Air Force.

the Curtis Hawk series was one of the longest serving designed of the 1930's an evolutionary process of engine upgrades and airframe refinements that saw it through a decade of drastic change in aviation

at first I didn't care for the very dark overall color but I have come to like it




two contemporaneous paint schemes, guess which country is at war

and now with the magic color-changing backdrop in place





1 comment: