Thursday, September 9, 2021

1/72 scale I-16 Ratas waiting for matte spray

the Claude snuck into the formation by benefit of needing decals 

        I tried to get them done today but the gloss was taking forever to dry and I only got as far as setting the decals. Tomorrow morning they get a blast of matte spray and I can get down to business on the biplanes. In the end I opted for two Soviet planes, one Nationalist Chinese and one Republican Spanish. Having no decals for the Spanish I was forced to hand-paint the colors which was a bit tedious but I think it turned out pretty well.

it was nice to do something entirely different with the Spanish paintjob

I have another Nate and another Claude on the way 
my Far East air-combat dance-card will be filling up pretty quickly


2 comments:

  1. Nice Rat pack. All you are missing are the early war Bi-planes. You model production is killing me....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are next in line, two I-15 and one each of I-152 and I-153 and I just got an I-3, all that is left to find is an I-5

      Delete