Thursday, September 9, 2021

4 x Polikarpov I-16 Ratas and one A5M4 Claude ready for action

 

yes, I know that one of the I-16s is flying itself, I'm still tracking down a pilot for it

              It took a lot longer than I thought but it was still much faster than building them one at a time. I'm finally out of I-16s to build and paint! Two in Chinese colors, one in Republican Spanish and five in Soviet colors. Now I have to tackle the biplanes; two I-15s, and one each of I-152, I-153 and I-3 (I'm still tracking down an I-5 at a reasonable price)., The Claude got included with these guys because I had started it a while back and it had been waiting for decals for a long time. After the last of the Russians I will get started on the Japanese and Chinese (anybody got a KI-10 -or two- in 1/72 scale that they want to get rid of?).

a distressingly large number of manufacturers don't include pilot figures

and then there are the ones that include a freakish mannequin that looks like a blow-up toy

       If I really keep banging away I might have the Russians and Japanese ready in time for a Khalkihn Gol game at Pro Or Con on October 2nd!


2 comments:

  1. Excellent...what will you be using for rules?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had intended to use Check Your 6 but I found that it tends to treat the earlier aircraft rather generically and was put off by the amount of paperwork. I tried to adapt Wings or War but it lacked the essential (in my mind) vertical element. So I have been hammering out a set that combines pre-selected movement with the vertical dimension and keeps the amount of paper to a minimum. As soon as I get a good working copy I will publish the rules here on my blog.

      Delete