Friday, July 24, 2020

Thursday Night at the Fights

       Old Sarge has finally gotten his Bionic Man refit completed and showed up for a go-round of European Warfare using my home-brewed One Brain Cell French and Indian Wars rules (which had been slightly modified to reflect the different troops types). We had a jolly good time playing, talking politics and discussing the advances in 3-D printing, so much so that I took too few pictures for a proper report. All I can tell you is that I had a significantly stronger force that was tasked with breaking through a well-guarded pass and I failed. Enjoy the photos.




the forces arrayed for battle  
 

the defender (Old Sarge) craftily held his forces back and let his cannons begin the battle

I pushed my troops forward but the terrain was very restrictive on my left

in the center the cannons did  fearful execution

while on the right my sweeping cavalry attack got off to a painfully slow start

Old Sarge boldly used his smaller cavalry force to disjoint my attack

in the end my lads could not sustain the attack and fell back



2 comments:

  1. Ahhh.. It was a grand old battle. After seeing our initial troops setup I knew I was in trouble. I decided on a stationary defense. With cavalry to try to turn your lines.. Lucky for my forces. My cannon shot true. Plus the die to the last man skirmish on the right flank. Enjoy the night battling against you. Thanks for letting gaem with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid looking battlefield there sir. Pictures came out very nice.

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete