Wednesday, July 8, 2020

A Busy Day at the Ropewalk


the more I do this, the more I think about tiny crewmen, am I mad?

       I didn't have the energy or mental focus to paint today, and I didn't feel like pushing forward with a bunch of reading I need to do for my next rules modification project, and it was WAY too hot to do anything outdoor so I was stumped as to what to do with myself. Casting my eye around the workshop I spied the as-yet unrigged Zvezda galleons. That would do nicely! No need to pick colors or contemplate shading, no need to sort fact from prejudice (or try to remember later which was which) just the simple Zen-like threading of rigging on a model boat. Aaah!

        How wrong I was! By the time I was done with these two I had a headache and my shoulders had cramps! My fingertips are covered with superglue and there are tiny bits of thread all over the workshop. Fortunately I was home alone all day so I don't have to confess to the amount of blue language I used. But, at last, they are finished and I am back to liking them. 

now, if I could just stop getting them sunk when I game with them

4 comments:

  1. Ha! Nothing is easy in this hobby. How many times I’ve been there. At least you didn’t cut yourself, thats a plus.

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve had nights like that with rigging ships. Messy work it can be. 😀

    ReplyDelete