Monday, March 1, 2021

Wargames Atlantic 28mm Partisans

 

the front of the box, a nicely done illustration and some beautifully painted minis


       I have to confess that I have been bugging my local Brick & Mortar about this set since I first heard it was slated for production. As soon as they said it was in I ran by and picked it up. I am a huge fan of Wargames Atlantic and their growing line of products but don't let that make you think that I didn't look at these figures with a careful eye. To say the least I am very pleased with what I found inside!

       You will find eight identical sprues of hard gray plastic minis. These are finely molded with no trace of flash and scarcely a mold-line to be found. The detail is delicate and crisply rendered, the proportion and posing of the figures is realistic and convincing, and the weapons are in-scale and accurately detailed.

the back of the box

inside you will find eight identical sprues

side A
good proportions and nice action poses on the figures

side B 
the hang of the clothing on the figures is very well done

a great choice of armaments and well rendered in true scale (i.e. no giant gun barrels!)

and a great choice of heads, I love the fedora!

and there are plenty of berets too!

the sculptor should be commended for the work on the clothing, 
proper 1940"s style and the way the fabric creases and folds is nearly perfect

the hardest decision will be which weapon to equip the figures with,
 the choice is excellent and the guns are crisply sculpted and in scale

       I might just have to set aside my current projects while I assemble and paint these figures. I also see a lot of chop-and-glue modifications along the way this set has as much potential for modification as the Great War Germans that I enjoyed working on a while back. Bolt Action fans, Black Ops players and anybody who watched "Hogans Heroes" while growing up will see a hundred uses for this set. Now all that we need is for Wargames Atlantic to make a set of old, overweight and dozy German sentries mixed with some overzealous Gestapo incompetents and it will be off to the races!

       Very Highly recommended!


No comments:

Post a Comment