Thursday, May 7, 2020

Dusty Projects XI, Yet Another Galleon!

the Black Swan gets another trim and paint job

       One of these days I will have to build this kit stock out of the box. Another rendition of the Zvezda Black Swan kit, this time with an all-dark hull, bronze cannons and a red deck. gives a different look to the last outing. I also trimmed away two of the three lanterns at the rear, leaving only the central one to enhance the difference. As usual the kit went together flawlessly, another fun build. I haven't come up with a name for this one yet. I did not take pictures of the build as this is the same kit from the earlier build. Two left to go before I'm done with the Zvezda kits, I still have those odd-scale Lindberg models to sort through to see if something can be made of them......


I was slightly concerned that the red/black/gold color scheme might
 make it look like it belonged in a Chinese fleet but in the end it turned out OK

the dark color scheme was meant to add a sense of menace

I'm not sure it really turned out that way

it does look meaner than the Leprechaun 

I just might add a red stripe down the side of the hull

the obligatory family photo






2 comments: