Friday, May 29, 2020

Something brand new (for a change)





I thought that my new fleet might want something to shoot at
never mind where I'm going to get 1/350 scale cannons

       OK, the real problem is that I watched that classic Burt Lancaster movie The Crimson Pirate
which feature pirates sacking a fortified town. As I was watching the movie it struck me that my newly assembled fleet had no landward opposition. Having finished the movie, and still at odds with myself over which other dusty project to complete, I began toying with the mechanics of building a 1/350 scale fortress. Not being an abstract thinker I tend to do my thinking with my hands. The next thing I knew I was cutting foam. I'm afraid that we have seen where this can lead.....

getting the bastions right is always the problem 
I think that I have finally worked that out!

in this scale even the glacis becomes a real possibility!

2 comments:

  1. 1/350 is probably close enough to 6mm... Baccus has some siege guns wich may work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "and we've seen where that can lead..." :-)

    ReplyDelete