Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Dusty Projects XIVa, Now I remember why I like 28mm figures

seriously, it's me, they are lovely figures, but I can barely see them
I should have painted them long ago when my eyes still worked!

       Three days steady work and the Winged Hussars are nowhere near done. Granted, they aren't wearing uniforms which requires a lot more switching of colors and all. But, still, this is incredibly slow. I did take this bit of work as an opportunity to experiment a bit with the Contrast paints.
       Despite dire warnings that these paints shouldn't be mixed with other paints or thinned with water I went ahead and did both. Gulliman flesh gave an interesting color over a tan base but I had already primed these minis in white; to resolve this I simply added some Americana Burnt Umber and a tiny touch of red along with a couple of drops of water. Happy with the color in the mixing dish I applied it to the miniatures with pleasingly effective results. This opens the door to some other options, sadly I will have to wait until the sorry idiot running my state decides that business can resume before I can explore this further, assuming that any of the local hobby shops surviive.

so much for following orders....

2 comments:

  1. Gotta point out those Space Germans are beefier and probably closer to 20mm.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is because Germany only sends the biggest and strongest of it's warriors into Space (Above and beyond!). Rumor is that the Lunatic in Lansing will (finally) keep her word and release the state from imprisonment on the 28th. I will drop by and take a look at what you have got. And drop of your painted shanty town.

    ReplyDelete